Monday, July 27, 2009

Sunili's thoughts






The journey to Mozambique was layered with experiences that will take a while to process, to be sure. My favorite memory is from the first night at the Bethel Center when we prayed, sang, and danced together. The sound of each of us praying in our own language will resound in my mind forever. The most difficult moments for me were in Maputo when the "vendors" so desperately wanted to sell us their wares. One young man looked me in the eye and said, "Please Mama; please buy just one from me ~just one." It tore at my heart. I was grateful for our interpreter, Sorau, who knew the best way to handle the situation. I came away from this experience with a new definition of "flexibility" and a renewed trust in the amazing power of God's Holy Spirit to weave all we had prepared into a new and useful form for the teachers who came to the training. The wind that blew through the Bethel Center was a constant reminder of God's presence and His power.

No comments:

Post a Comment